Prayers Against External Influence in Marriage
Marriage is a sacred union between two individuals who are committed to building a life together. However, one of the greatest challenges that couples face is external influences which can negatively impact their relationship. Whether it’s interference from family members, friends, or even co-workers, external influence can destabilize even the strongest marriages.
Thankfully, there are prayers that couples can use to protect their marriage from external influences. These prayers can help strengthen their bond and prevent any negative influences from coming between them. In this blog post, we will be sharing with you some powerful prayers against external influence in marriage.
If you’re looking for ways to protect your marriage from external influences, then keep reading. These prayers are not only powerful but also effective in keeping your marriage strong and healthy.
10 Scripture-Based Prayers Prayers Against External Influence in Marriage
Dear Heavenly Father, we come before you today with humble hearts, seeking your divine intervention in our marriages. We ask that you protect our marriages from external influences that seek to destroy them. We pray that you bind every spirit of infidelity, lust, and immorality that may be trying to infiltrate our marriages. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, we pray.
- Father, we pray against the spirit of adultery and every side chick that may be trying to lure our spouses into unfaithfulness. We claim your promise in Proverbs 6:32, which says, “But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself.” May our spouses resist every temptation and flee from any situation that may lead them into sin.
- Lord, we pray against every bad influence that may be coming from our friends. We ask that you give our spouses and us the wisdom to discern good and bad friendships. May we choose friends who will support our marriages and help us grow in your love. We claim your promise in Proverbs 13:20, which says, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”
- Father, we pray against every demanding boss that may be causing stress in our marriages. We ask that you help our spouses and us to manage our work-life balance effectively. May we put you first in all that we do and trust in your provision for our needs. We claim your promise in Matthew 6:33, which says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- Lord, we pray against every spirit of jealousy and insecurity that may be causing strife in our marriages. We ask that you help us to love and respect our spouses as you have commanded us to do. May we be secure in your love and find our worth in you alone. We claim your promise in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, which says, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- Father, we pray against every spirit of pride and selfishness that may be causing division in our marriages. We ask that you help us to humble ourselves and serve one another as you have commanded us to do. May we put the needs of our spouses before our own and find joy in loving them sacrificially. We claim your promise in Philippians 2:3-4, which says, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”
- Lord, we pray against every spirit of bitterness and unforgiveness that may be hindering our marriages. We ask that you help us to forgive one another as you have forgiven us. May we let go of past hurts and choose to love and accept our spouses unconditionally. We claim your promise in Colossians 3:13, which says, “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
- Father, we pray against every spirit of fear and anxiety that may be causing us to doubt your plan for our marriages. We ask that you give us the courage to trust in your goodness and faithfulness. May we find peace in your promises and rest in your unfailing love. We claim your promise in Isaiah 41:10, which says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Lord, we pray against every spirit of discouragement and hopelessness that may be tempting us to give up on our marriages. We ask that you renew our strength and give us the perseverance to keep fighting for our marriages. May we never lose sight of your promises and keep our eyes fixed on you. We claim your promise in Galatians 6:9, which says, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
- Father, we pray against every spirit of pride and rebellion that may be hindering us from submitting to your will for our marriages. We ask that you help us to surrender our plans and desires to you and trust in your perfect plan. May we seek your guidance and wisdom in all that we do and follow your lead obediently. We claim your promise in James 4:7, which says, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
- Lord, we pray for a renewed sense of commitment and dedication to our marriages. We ask that you help us to prioritize our marriages above all else and invest our time, energy, and resources in building strong and healthy relationships with our spouses. May we honor you in our marriages and be a shining example of your love to the world. We claim your promise in Ephesians 5:22-33, which says, “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Personal Prayers Against External Influence in Marriage (side Chicks, Bad Friends, Demanding Boss)
- Father, I thank you for the gift of my spouse. I pray that our marriage will be blessed and free from any external influence in Jesus’ name. (1 Corinthians 7:2)
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
- Lord, I pray against any temptation that may come our way to lead us astray from each other. I pray that our love for each other will continue to grow stronger in the face of temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- Heavenly Father, I pray for my spouse and I that we will remain faithful and committed to each other, and that we will not be led astray by the seduction of the enemy. (Proverbs 5:3-4)
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.
- Lord, I pray that you will expose any external influences that may be working against our marriage, and that you will destroy them by your power. (Ephesians 5:11)
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
- Father, I pray that my spouse and I will have open communication with each other, and that we will always be honest with each other. I pray against any secrets that may lead to external influence in our marriage. (Proverbs 12:22)
Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
- Lord, I pray that you will give us the grace to forgive each other and to work through any challenges that may arise in our marriage. I pray against any external influences that may try to create division between us. (Matthew 6:14)
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- Father, I pray that you will give us the wisdom to discern any external influences that may be trying to infiltrate our marriage, and that you will give us the strength to resist them. (James 1:5)
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- Every Spirit of Adultery I resist you by Fire in the Name of Jesus Christ, My marriage is safe and sound in Jesus name.
Matthew 5:28 “But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart”
- Oh God, Release your Grace upon my marriage to keep your covenant of fidelity in Jesus name.
Matthew 5:27, You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.
- Dear Lord give me the Grace to watch and Pray, I will not be a victim of temptation in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 26:41 “Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation.
- By the grace of God, I declare that I have authority over my body in the Name of Jesus Christ.l declare that holiness is my portion in Jesus Name.
1 Thessalonians 4:4,“Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor”
- Oh God, Let us satisfy each other in the Name Of Jesus Christ. Help me to be only intoxicated by the Love of my Spouse in Jesus.
Proverb 5:18-19, “Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.”
- My father, My Father Help me to keep my desire under control and my partner the same in Jesus Name.
James 1:14-15 “But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
- Lord Jesus Help me not to be a negative influence to anyones marriage and help me to avoid any external influence against my home in the name of Jesus Christ.
Romans 14:13“It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.” .
- Oh God every seed of sin that is sown in time past that is affecting my life be erased by mercy. Help me to stay faithful in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 6:7-8, Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.” There are often temporal consequences for disobedience; For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Lord I thank you for making me a new creation, I declare that lust will not have a place in me, anger and all the works of the flesh will not reign in me in the Name of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
- Father I give you thanks for your Power that is able to keep men from falling that is available to me and to all men, I ask that you give me people that will keep my environment Faithful with that of my Spouse in Jesus mighty Name.
Hebrews 10:24-25 “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day approaching.”
Bless the Lord with all your heart for He is able to keep you faithful and there’s no one He can not transform. Believe in your heart that he has heard you and that the prayer is answered for it’s God’s interest for us to have Pure and a Responsible Marriage.