PRAYERS FOR FAILING MARRIAGE; AVERTING DIVORCE.
A failing marriage can be a challenging and emotionally draining experience for both partners involved. When there seems to be no way forward, many individuals turn to prayer as a way of seeking divine intervention to save their marriage.
Prayers for failing marriages are said to have been effective in averting divorce and reconciling couples. These prayers seek to restore love, trust, and understanding between the partners, and to heal the emotional wounds that may have caused the marriage to falter.
It is important to approach prayer for a failing marriage with an open heart and a willingness to change. Couples can pray together or individually, and it is advisable to seek the guidance of a spiritual leader or counselor if the situation seems beyond repair.
Here are some prayers thee we focus on to save a failing marriage:
- Prayer for healing: This prayer seeks to heal the emotional wounds that may have caused the marriage to falter. It asks for forgiveness, understanding, and the strength to move past the hurtful experiences.
- Prayer for guidance: This prayer asks for divine guidance and wisdom to help the partners navigate the challenges of their marriage. It seeks to bring clarity and direction to the relationship.
- Prayer for reconciliation: This prayer seeks to restore love, trust, and understanding between the partners. It asks for the grace to forgive and the courage to reconcile.
- Prayer for strength: This prayer asks for the strength to persevere through the challenges of a failing marriage. It seeks to provide comfort and support during difficult times.
Please find the prayer points and scriptures below.
Prayers for Failing Marriage.
Heavenly Father, we come before you today, asking for your intervention in our failing marriage. We believe that you have the power to heal and restore our relationship. We ask for your guidance and wisdom as we pray these prayers.
Prayer for forgiveness: Dear Lord, we ask for your forgiveness for any hurtful words or actions that have caused pain in our marriage. Help us to forgive each other as you have forgiven us.
(Ephesians 4:32) “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Prayer for humility: Lord, we ask for a spirit of humility in our marriage. Help us to put each other’s needs before our own and to serve one another with love.
(Philippians 2:3-4) “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”
Prayer for communication: Father, we ask for open and honest communication in our marriage. Give us the courage to express our feelings and to listen to one another with understanding.
(Proverbs 15:1) “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
Prayer for patience: God, we ask for patience with one another during difficult times. Help us to be slow to anger and quick to offer grace.
(Colossians 3:12-13) “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
Prayer for trust: Lord, we ask for trust in our marriage. Help us to believe the best in each other and to trust that you are working in our relationship.
(1 Corinthians 13:7) “[Love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
Prayer for unity: Father, we ask for unity in our marriage. Help us to work together towards common goals and to support each other’s dreams.
(Romans 12:16) “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.”
Prayer for intimacy: God, we ask for intimacy in our marriage. Help us to be vulnerable with one another and to deepen our emotional and physical connection.
(Song of Solomon 4:7) “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.”
Prayer for strength: Lord, we ask for strength to overcome the challenges in our marriage. Help us to rely on your power and not our own.
(Isaiah 41:10) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Prayer for guidance: Father, we ask for your guidance as we navigate the ups and downs of our marriage. Help us to seek your will and to follow your leading.
(Psalm 25:4-5) “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”
Prayer for hope: God, we ask for hope in our marriage. Help us to believe that with your help, our relationship can be restored and strengthened.
(Jeremiah 29:11) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
5 Prayers & Scriptures for Averting Divorce
- Dear Lord, I pray for the healing of my marriage. Please help my spouse and I to work through our differences and to find a way to strengthen our bond. Give us the strength and wisdom to overcome any obstacles that may be standing in the way of our love for one another.
(Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”)
- Heavenly Father, I pray that you would soften my spouse’s heart and help them to see the value in our marriage. Please give me the patience and understanding to work through any challenges that may arise, and the faith to trust in your plan for our lives.
(Ephesians 4:2-3 – “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”)
- Lord, I pray for a renewed sense of commitment to my marriage. Please help my spouse and I to prioritize our relationship and to invest in each other’s growth and happiness. May our love be a shining example of your grace and mercy to those around us.
(1 Peter 4:8 – “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”)
- God, I lift up my marriage to you and ask for your guidance and wisdom. Help us to communicate openly and honestly, and to treat each other with kindness and respect. May our love for each other grow deeper and stronger with each passing day
(Proverbs 15:1 – “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”)
- Father, I pray for the restoration of my marriage. Please heal any wounds that may exist between my spouse and I, and help us to forgive each other as you have forgiven us. May our love be a testimony to your grace and mercy, and may it inspire others to seek your truth and wisdom in their own relationships.
(Colossians 3:13 – “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”)
Read Also: Prayer for Family Unity
Divorce is not good, Divorce is a legal dissolution of a marriage by court or to cause a marriage to a husband or wife to end by an official or legal process. Divorce was never part of God’s plan for us, the plan of God is a wonderful home. Any challenge can be championed in Prayers. Hold God by His word and rescue your failing marriage by Praying the following effective Prayer points.
12 Prayers for Failing Marriage.
1. Oh Lord rekindle our love for You in the name of Jesus and cause us to love each other in the name of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
2. In the name of Jesus, I rebuke every Spirit of Pride that will result to divorce in my marriage by the blood of Jesus. 1 Peter 3:1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,
3. Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I declare and decree that we are one by the potency of the Word of God and nothing can separate us in Jesus Name. Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
4. Heavenly Father, Let every reason for our divorce be rendered null in Jesus Name.
Matthew 5:31-32 31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
5. Every Spirit of Adultery that wants to scatter my marriage catch fire in the name of Jesus Christ. Luke 16:18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
6. Let the genuine Love of marriage according to the Bible overwhelm my marriage in the of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
7. I declare our union sealed by the word of God, No man, spirit of sect can scatter my marriage in the name of Jesus Christ. Matthew 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
8. Lord Jesus let there be a great revelation that will stop marriages from failing in Jesus Name. Matthew 1:19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
9. Let the hearts of men be softened in the Name of Jesus Christ, let them be empowered to make their marriages work in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 19:8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
10. I declare by the blood of Jesus that my marriage is pure, I’ll not fail in the name of Jesus Christ, our bed will not be defiled in Jesus name.
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Read Also: Prayers for An Unsubmissive and Defiant Wife
11. Lord I bring to you the battles against my marriage, Please take over in the name of Jesus Christ, Fight for me with your Power and angelic interventions in Jesus Name, I shall not divorce and my marriage will never fail.
Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
12. Father I thank you because you have heard me, I believe in you and know that my marriage is restored in Jesus mighty name. Receive all the Praise in Jesus name.