Prayer Points for Personal Growth
Personal growth is a continuous process that involves developing oneself in all aspects of life, such as mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance in all of these areas to achieve growth and success. Prayer is an excellent tool to help us align with God’s will and achieve personal growth.
As believers, it is important that we consistently seek spiritual growth and development.
Here are fifteen scripture-based prayer points to help us grow in our personal relationship with God:
- Grant me wisdom, Lord: Heavenly Father, grant me wisdom in all areas of my life. Help me to discern your will and make wise decisions that honor you. (James 1:5) – “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”
- Strengthen me, Lord: God, I ask that you strengthen me in my weak areas. Help me to rely on your power and ability, rather than my own. (Philippians 4:13) “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
- Guide me, Lord: Lord, guide me in the right direction. Give me clarity and understanding as I navigate through life’s challenges. (Proverbs 3:5-6) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
- Transform me, Lord: God, transform me from the inside out. Help me to renew my mind and conform to your will. (Romans 12:2) “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
- Fill me with Your Spirit, Lord: Holy Spirit, fill me with your presence and power. Help me to walk in step with you and live a life that honors God. (Ephesians 5:18) “And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.”
- Dear Lord, please guide me with your word and help me to understand it more deeply. Let your word be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
- God, I pray that you will help me to not be anxious about anything, but instead to bring all my worries and concerns to you in prayer. Please give me peace that surpasses all understanding. (Philippians 4:6-7) – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Give me wisdom, Lord: Heavenly Father, I ask that you give me wisdom as I navigate through life. Help me to discern right from wrong and to make wise decisions. James 1:5- 5. “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
- Lord, search my heart and reveal any areas of my life that need to change. Help me to surrender those areas to you and to live a life that is pleasing to you. – Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
- God, I pray that you will strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being. Help me to be rooted and grounded in your love. Ephesians 3:16-17 “I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.”
- Father, I trust in you with all my heart and I lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways, I acknowledge you and I ask that you direct my paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight”
- Sanctify me, Lord: Lord, I pray that you will sanctify me completely, spirit, soul, and body. Help me to live a life that is blameless and holy before you. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.”
- God, I ask that you fill me with the knowledge of your will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding. Help me to walk in a manner worthy of you, pleasing you in all respects. Colossians 1:9-10 “9 And so, rfrom the day we heard, swe have not ceased to pray for you, asking that tyou may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all uspiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as vto walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, wfully pleasing to him: xbearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;”
- Grant My heart Desires – Father, I delight myself in you and I ask that you give me the desires of my heart. Help me to desire the things that are in line with your will. ( Psalm 37:4 ) – Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Grow in grace & knowledge: Lord, please help me to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and forever. (2 Peter 3:18) – But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Let us make these prayer points a daily habit as we seek to grow in our personal relationship with God.
In conclusion, personal growth is an ongoing journey that requires effort, dedication, and faith. Prayer is a powerful tool that can help us in this journey by providing guidance, strength, and gratitude. By incorporating these prayer points into your daily routine, you can align yourself with God’s will and achieve personal growth in all areas of your life. Remember to pray for wisdom, strength, and gratitude, and trust that God will guide you towards a better and more fulfilling life.