END OF THE YEAR PRAYER POINTS
As we approach the end of another year, it’s a natural time for reflection, gratitude, and anticipation of the future. In this moment of transition, we turn our hearts and prayers towards the divine. The power of prayer, as well as the wisdom found in sacred scriptures, can provide solace and guidance as we navigate the challenges and opportunities of the coming year.
In this blog post, we will explore 31 powerful end-of-the-year prayer points, each anchored in a relevant Bible verse, 7 scriptures to reflect on as the year ends, and hymns for the end of the year.
31 POWERFUL END OF THE YEAR PRAYER POINTS
These prayers encompass a wide spectrum of hopes and aspirations, from thanksgiving and blessings to divine protection and anointing for service. We invite you to join us in offering these prayers and declarations as we bid farewell to the old and welcome the new with faith and hope.
- Thanksgiving for a Year of Grace: “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.” – Psalm 9:1 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, as we approach the end of this year, we come before you with hearts full of gratitude, recounting all your wonderful deeds in our lives. We thank you for your grace and faithfulness throughout this year.”
- Blessing for the Year Ahead: “May the Lord bless you and keep you.” – Numbers 6:24 (ESV)
- “Lord, as we step into the new year, we humbly ask for your blessings and your divine protection. May your favor be upon us in the coming year.”
- Protection from Harm: “He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings, you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.” – Psalm 91:4 (ESV)
- “Dear Lord, we seek your divine protection as we enter the new year. May we find refuge under your wings, and may your faithfulness be our shield and protection.”
- Divine Direction in 2024: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we commit our plans and decisions for the year ahead into your hands. We trust in you with all our hearts and lean not on our understanding. Guide us in the paths you have prepared for us.”
- Abundance of Blessings: “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” – John 10:10 (ESV)
- “Lord Jesus, we declare that you came to give us abundant life. We pray for a year filled with your blessings, where abundance overflows in every aspect of our lives.”
- Healing and Wholeness: “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes, we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5 (ESV)
- “Lord, we claim the healing and wholeness you provide through the sacrifice of your Son. We pray for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing in the coming year.”
- Fruitful New Beginnings: “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” – Isaiah 43:19 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we look forward to the new beginnings you have in store for us. We trust that you are making a way in the wilderness and bringing forth rivers in the desert of our lives.”
- Harvest of Joy: “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” – Psalm 16:11 (ESV)
- “Lord, we long for the joy that comes from your presence. May our lives be filled with the fullness of your joy and everlasting pleasures in your presence.”
- Breaking Chains of Bondage: “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” – John 8:36 (ESV)
- “Dear Jesus, we pray for freedom from any chains of bondage that have held us back. May your liberating power set us free to live according to your will.”
- Supernatural Protection: “No evil shall befall you, no plague shall come near your tent.” – Psalm 91:10 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we claim the promise of your protection. May no evil or plague come near us or our dwellings in the new year.”
- Divine Restitution: “I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you.” – Joel 2:25 (ESV)
- “Lord, we trust in your promise of restoration. Just as you restored the years the locusts consumed, we pray for restoration in every area of our lives.”
- Revelation and Understanding: “The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.” – Psalm 119:130 (ESV)
- “Dear Lord, we seek your guidance and understanding as we journey through the new year. May the unfolding of your Word bring light to our path.”
- Peace in Troubled Waters: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.” – Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
- “Prince of Peace, grant us perfect peace as our minds are fixed on you and our trust is in you. In the midst of life’s storms, may we experience your unwavering peace.”
- Overflowing Love: “And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 3:12 (ESV)
- “Lord, we pray for an increase in love, not only for one another but for all those we encounter. May love abound in our hearts and actions.”
- Victory Over Challenges: “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 15:57 (ESV)
- “Lord, we give thanks for the victory that comes through our faith in Jesus Christ. May this victory be evident in all the challenges we face in the new year.”
- Anointed and Appointed: “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” – 1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we recognize that we are chosen and appointed for a purpose. May we proclaim your excellencies and walk in the light you have called us into.”
- Endurance and Perseverance: “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12 (ESV)
- “Lord, grant us the strength to remain steadfast under trials. May we endure, standing the test, and receive the crown of life you have promised.”
- God’s Guidance in All Decisions: “In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:6 (ESV)
- “Dear Lord, as we make decisions in the coming year, we acknowledge you in all our ways. Guide us and make our paths straight according to your will.”
- Prosperity in Every Area: “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” – 3 John 1:2 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we pray for well-being in every area of our lives. May our physical, emotional, and spiritual health align with the prosperity of our souls.”
- Renewed Strength: “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)
- “Lord, as we wait upon you, renew our strength like eagles. May we soar, run without weariness, and walk without fainting in the new year.”
- Abundant Wisdom: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” – James 1:5 (ESV)
- “Dear God, we humbly ask for wisdom, knowing that you generously give it without reproach. Grant us wisdom for every decision and circumstance in the coming year.”
- Protection of Loved Ones: “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.” – Nahum 1:7 (ESV)
- “Lord, we take refuge in your goodness and strength. Protect our loved ones in the day of trouble, for you know those who trust in you.”
- Breakthrough in Stagnant Situations: “And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.” – Exodus 13:21 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, just as you led the Israelites with a pillar of cloud and fire, lead us in the new year. Guide us through stagnant situations, providing light for our path.”
- Financial Prosperity: “The Lord will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands.” – Deuteronomy 28:12 (ESV)
- “Lord, we trust in your promise to open the heavens and bless the work of our hands. May financial prosperity flow into our lives in the new year.”
- Harvest of Righteousness: “And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.” – James 3:18 (ESV)
- “Dear Lord, help us to sow seeds of peace and righteousness. May a bountiful harvest of righteousness be reaped in our lives and in the lives of those we touch.”
- Protection from Sickness: “He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.” – Psalm 107:20 (ESV)
- “Lord, we believe in the power of your healing Word. Send forth your Word to heal us and deliver us from all forms of sickness and destruction in the coming year.”
- Divine Connections: “Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil.” – Ecclesiastes 4:9 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we recognize the value of godly connections. Bring people into our lives who share in our labors and provide a good reward for our efforts.”
- Anointing for Service: “But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.” – 1 John 2:27 (ESV)
- “Lord, we thank you for the anointing that abides in us. Teach us and guide us through your anointing in all aspects of our service to you.”
- Reconciliation and Restoration: “And all things are from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.” – 2 Corinthians 5:18 (ESV)
- “Dear God, we embrace the ministry of reconciliation that you have given us. Help us to be agents of reconciliation and restoration in our relationships and communities.”
- Breaking the Chains of Addiction: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.” – Luke 4:18 (ESV)
- “Lord Jesus, we pray for the anointing to break the chains of addiction. May we proclaim liberty and freedom to those held captive and oppressed.”
- Harvest of Souls: “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” – Matthew 9:37-38 (ESV)
- “Heavenly Father, we see the abundant harvest of souls in need of your love and salvation. We pray earnestly for laborers to be sent into the harvest field to reap souls for your kingdom.”
May the blessings, protection, and guidance of the Lord be with you in the coming year, and may your prayers be answered abundantly. As we embrace the future, let faith be your compass, love be your guiding principle, and prayer be your source of strength.
Powerful scriptures that can be used for reflection and inspiration at the end of the year and as you prepare for another chapter.
- Philippians 3:13-14 (ESV): “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Reflection: As the year draws to a close, let us heed the wisdom of these verses and leave behind the past, focusing on the journey ahead and the upward call of God.
- Isaiah 43:18-19 (ESV): “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”
Reflection: These verses remind us that God is constantly at work, making a way in the wilderness of our lives and bringing forth new beginnings.
- Psalm 90:12 (ESV): “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.”
Reflection: The end of the year is an opportune moment to reflect on the brevity of life and seek wisdom in how we use our time.
- Proverbs 16:3 (ESV): “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”
Reflection: As we make plans and set goals for the coming year, these verses encourage us to commit our endeavors to the Lord for His guidance and establishment.
- Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV): “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Reflection: In times of uncertainty, these verses offer assurance that God’s plans for us are filled with hope and a bright future.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 (ESV): “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”
Reflection: These timeless words remind us of the cyclical nature of life and encourage us to embrace each season, even as we transition to a new year.
- Psalm 121:7-8 (ESV): “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.”
Reflection: These verses provide comfort and reassurance that the Lord watches over us, keeping us safe as we step into the new year.
Recommended Hymns For End of The Year.
- “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” – This hymn, based on Lamentations 3:22-23, celebrates God’s faithfulness and is a perfect choice for expressing gratitude as the year ends.
- “Blessed Assurance” – This hymn, written by Fanny J. Crosby, is a wonderful expression of confidence and assurance in Christ as the year comes to a close.
- “O God, Our Help in Ages Past” – Based on Psalm 90, this hymn is a reflective choice for acknowledging God’s eternal presence and protection throughout the years.
- “Lord of the Years” – This hymn is a prayer for God’s guidance and presence in the year to come, asking for His grace in all that lies ahead.
- “It Is Well with My Soul” – This hymn, born out of personal tragedy, speaks of finding peace and contentment in Christ even in the face of life’s challenges.
- “Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah” – As the year concludes and a new one begins, this hymn is a prayer for God’s guidance and provision on the journey ahead.
- “Day by Day” – This hymn is a beautiful reminder of God’s daily grace and presence in our lives, making it a fitting choice for the end of the year.
- “In the Garden” – This hymn speaks of a personal, intimate relationship with Jesus, making it a wonderful choice for personal reflection and renewal at the year’s end.
These hymns can provide a meaningful and reflective soundtrack for the transition from one year to the next, helping you express gratitude, seek God’s guidance, and find hope in His faithfulness as you look to the future.